Sunday, October 23, 2011

Blog Award

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Cover up - Zara, Dress - www.prelovedparfait.multiply.com)


First of all, I’d like to say thank you to those who have tagged me in their blog awards.  I’ve actually done a blogger award only once and that was way back in chictopia and honestly I’m actually not much of random-musings-about- myself type.  I mean, I used to like it before but now I sort of feel shy about sharing inane things about myself which is ironic considering the idea of blogging about your clothes. So anyway, I’ll limit this post to myself as I am not sure what my sisters would want  to share.

1.    I have no twitter. Although my friends and sisters ALWAYS convince me to get one, I find it a bit superfluous. I do read peoples tweets, especially the celebrities that I like (LOL). The downside is I don’t get to join giveaways since you’re supposed to  follow or retweet the giveaway.  L
2.   Me and my sisters can actually understand Bisaya and I can speak a little bit as well. Both our parents are Bisaya so it’s kind of a requisite at home.
3.    As much as I love travelling, I have a bit of motion sickness. When I was a kid I used to throw up all the time but now mostly I just feel dizzy.  I drink Bonamine during long car rides (no joy rides for me) or plane rides. And don’t even get me started with rollercoasters...
4.    The infamous Sophie’s mom, known for its mochi ice cream and red velvet cupcakes is actually in the same apartment as where I work (if you’ve been there it’s the office above Tita Tim’s cafe on the other end of Sophie’s Mom). I used to get trinkets there everyday until I got sick (true story!) for eating too much sweets. My throat started to ache and then I eventually had a fever. Story of my life. If you pass by there and you see a blonde girl walking around, don’t forget to holla!
5.    My friends don’t know that I blog. I treat this blog as my own personal haven where I get to be somebody else in other people’s eyes. Crazy right?
6.   I have really bad skin. You probably don’t see it in the pictures because I edit it out. Oh, the magic of photoshop. I used to have cystic acne up until three or four years ago then I took this medicine my derma prescribed which subdued my acne. I do have acne scars until now that’s why I don’t post close-up shots. I’m supposed to have it lasered but I’m too chicken.
7.   To end on a lighter note, I’ll share a strength of mine. Hahaha! I’m a really good driver/parker. I know most people say that, but my parents are EXTREMELY proud of my parking capabilities that they share it to everyone.  I can park in reverse in one swift motion. Girl power to the nth level. LOL!!!

So that’s it. Wow, it’s longer than I anticipated.  I think I might have overshared.








18 comments:

mestizay said...

Nakarelate naman ako sa your friends dont know you have a blog. In my case, i never tell pero sympre nlalaman din cos of fb!haha bdw, i seriously covet your room!!!!!!!

mestizay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rizzalana said...

gorgeous cape nix! And I adore your shoe closet! This reminds me of fixing my shoe rack soon =))

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

oh wow, i love how you arrange your shoes. mine seriously needs to have a shelf...i place it in a cabinet and i can't look at them..haha!

kasabot diay ka ug bisaya???hehehe. i'm glad to know that! hopefully, we'll see each other on BU2 this dec 2!

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥
shopyapi.com

Yna Amores said...

Your room looks lovely!

http://ynaamores.blogspot.com

STYLE MAFIA said...

Beautiful and inspiring pictures - love to read your blog and i'm happy to follow here ;-)

www.style-mafia.blogspot.com

Ana Maria said...

Hi Nix!! Me too, I'm not one to go about and promote it (blog). I occasionally tweet but I do not have Facebook :) I dont even tweet about new posts up in my blog. And yes, I never told my friends about it they just sorta found their way into it :) But I'm thankful they take the time to read it :)

PS. I think I have a slightly-above average parking skill :)) I just hate it when some guy friends are with me and they'll say how girls suck at parking!! >:{

decimal shoes said...

love the shoes :D
I definitely will following you if you follow me :D
Decimal Shoes

Ninin of The Two Miss Fits said...

Wow, amazing! You understand Bisaya? Me toooo! hahaha, I hail from iloilo :P so nice! (I always get giddy when I meet other bisaya-speaking friends in Manila)

btw, your pictures look so Americana (in a good way!) pretty!

fashioneggpplant said...

congrats! i love these photos! so nice :)

join my Paisley giveaway! WIN shoes, a giant shopper and chocolates!!!

http://fashioneggplant.blogspot.com

Anne Garais said...

i love this post.. :) i love reading your blog tho! :)))

http://anneholica.blogspot.com

Ioana Liliana said...

These are such cool pics! And congrats on the award!

xx

p.s. just started following your lovely blog :)

Kimberly Capeto said...

Hey !
Your photos are so beautiful, I love that black and white effect, it gives the pics a Victorian vibe.

xoxo

cherie said...

love your cape! i've been looking for something like that in forever! :) and i can totally relate with being a great driver/parker, maybe it's the practice of always being in a mall haha

Rissa K. said...

hi! i speak bisaya, too!

i noticed law books on top of your pretty shoe shelf. are you taking up law?

you have amazing outfits. and i particularly like the one you're wearing here. great choices!

http://www.sisterazzi.blogspot.com/

Chyrel Gomez said...

OMG! I'm happy gyud na kasabot ka ug bisaya! Haha! Mestizay is Bisaya as well! Wait, ga english lagi ko.

Haha! Na excite lang ko, light. XD

Abi said...

love love your coverup girl!
http://abinavarrete.blogspot.com/
I hope you visit my blog!:)

Pineapple Monsters said...

@Rissa K. - Yes, I'm taking up law :) Thanks girl!

Nix