Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy New You

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(cardigan, jeans, shoes and accessories all from forever 21)


This New Year is all about positivity for me. Recently, I have been reading posts about haters and negative comments and I for one have been a victim of a hate blog (not fashion related) which made me a target for bullies (yes, it's so high school right? - Think being called ugly while walking down the hallways). I am not exactly the most friendly person on the planet, I just don't talk when I'm not spoken since I tend to say the most awkward things when I'm uncomfortable (akin to verbal diarrhea). The hate blog I received was actually a wake up call for me to dress a little better, learn to wear make-up since as they all say "wala ng panget ngayon" (nobody is ugly anymore) and just basically be more confident. I've actually forgiven my hater and her minions for everything and at the same time I wanna thank them for making me who I am now.

Happy New Year everyone. -Nix- :)

5 comments:

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

this is such an inspiring story...it's heart-warming to know that instead of being depressed about the bullying, you stood up for yourself and made yourself better..<3

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

ThePhotographer's Girl said...

i don't know but for some reason: haters are people who cannot dress any better to save them from where they stand. so they take pleasure in mocking/trash talking people they're super jealous of. and what you've made out of the bullying experience is truly inspiring.

btw, we have the same cardi only mine's in blue!

Nettie said...

I agree on ThePhotographer's Girl's comment.
Haters to the left.

BTW. I love your shoes! :>

Ninin of The Two Miss Fits said...

Happy new year Nix! Followed you from chictopia ;)

ninin of the two miss fits

AVA T.♥ said...

I hate haters haha :) also experienced haters and i don't get them why they have to insult people who are happy doing what they love. But I'm glad you treated that as an inspiration to be better :)